Life is unpredictable, and making plans for the future is challenging. Numerous financial planning tools are available, but none can predict or guarantee how your future will unfold. The best way to prepare is to minimize the possibility of losing everything.
A whole life calculator for life insurance can help you by evaluating your coverage needs and giving you more options, flexibility, and financial security you’ll need in the future. Although there are other ways of calculating and projecting your life expenses, none of them are as user-friendly and straightforward as the whole life insurance calculator.
The real question is, what is a whole life calculator, and how is it beneficial for you? Scroll down to learn more about a life insurance calculator and how you can use it to make sound decisions in the coming years.
Overview of Whole Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance or Traditional Life Insurance is a type of permanent life insurance that guarantees the insured’s lifelong death benefit coverage as long as one pays the premiums. Also, it offers a cash-saving method from which the policy owner can draw or borrow.
The following are the universal tips for getting affordable coverage:
1) Buy a policy as early as possible for more affordable premiums over a lifetime.
2) Compare the quotes to find the lowest rates.
3) Take an expert’s help or an agent who can guide you about the best providers for your specific circumstances.
Situations where one can benefit from Whole Life Insurance
- If you have a spouse or are starting a family
- If you require additional Liquidity in Retirement
- If you wish to leave something as a legacy for future generations
- If you are looking for investments and/or insurance
Whole Life Insurance Types
There are numerous insurance options available. Three examples are below:
- Modified whole life insurance: The premium rates rise after the first 5-10 years in this type.
- Survivorship: This approach is for married couples where one doesn’t have to pay the death benefit until both of them pass.
- Single premium: In exchange for guaranteed death benefits, the policyholder funds the policy.
Benefits of Whole Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance is a wise approach to leave a legacy while providing lifetime financial security for your loved ones. It can typically last until you reach the age of 100 and can benefit your family even in the scenario of natural death. Along with this, there are additional advantages:
- It provides a guaranteed lifetime coverage.
- One can benefit from tax savings.
- Fixed premium rates during the term.
- One can borrow money during emergencies.
- It covers terminal illness post-retirement.
- Builds cash value over time.
Whole Life Insurance Calculator
To get started with whole life insurance, you must understand how to find the right coverage for your specific situation. The calculator considers your current age, life expectancy, and desired retirement age.
In addition to those details, it factors in your current income, expected inflation, and lifestyle.
Once you have the rate, you can compare it to other policies to experience the best deal. Before using a whole or traditional life insurance calculator, consider the following factors:
- Evaluate expenses like a funeral, medical, estate settlement, etc.
- Add your balances and debts, including credit cards, cars, or other mortgages.
- Determine additional costs like clothing, food, transportation, etc.
- Subtract financial resources like other coverages, savings, and investments.
This insurance calculator is a tool that can help you determine how much coverage you need and how much it will cost. It is important to remember that this is only a guide, and you should always speak to a qualified insurance agent to understand the process and ensure you get the best coverage for your needs.