Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance and aesthetics of the smile. Common cosmetic procedures include veneers, teeth whitening, clear aligners, and dental bonding. A cosmetic dentist in Perth helps find the most appropriate treatment approach to deliver the most satisfactory and desired results according to your dental structures.
Did you know that approximately 13% of adults in Perth have gum diseases in the medium to severe range? Learning more about the procedures available can help you significantly if you have an oral deformity or disease.
Dental veneers, also known as dental porcelain laminates or porcelain veneers, are tooth-coloured, wafer-thin shells that are custom-made to cover the defects of the teeth to improve the overall appearance. Veneers are commonly made from porcelain and are permanently bonded to the teeth. They treat minor cosmetic defects like discoloured, chipped, or fractured teeth.
Advantages of Veneers
- Veneers can cover minor defects such as chipped teeth, cracks, and discolourations.
- Veneers give off a very natural look.
- They only require a minimal amount of enamel removal. Enamel is the outer covering of the teeth, which, when completely worn off, leads to sensitivity.
- They are stain-resistant.
- They are easy to maintain and can last up to 10 to 15 years without chipping or cracking.
2. Teeth Whitening
Did you know that Perth data indicates that nearly half of infant children (5-6 years old) have a long history of dental decay?
Teeth whitening is also known as teeth bleaching. It is an effective process that helps lighten the teeth’ colour. The advantage of teeth whitening is that it does not require tooth surface removal. Whitening is needed for several reasons, including some medical disorders such as amelogenesis imperfecta or dentinogenesis imperfecta.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- It removes stains and discolourations
- It boosts confidence and self-esteem
- It gives a youthful appearance
- It conceals minor dental imperfections
- It reduces bacterial infections
3. Clear Aligners
A clear aligner is a transparent device to correct malpositioned teeth and mild crowding orthodontic cases. They are an alternative to traditional orthodontic braces. While braces require metal wires to guide the teeth in their position, a clear aligner, on the other hand, does the same without the use of any braces or wires.
Advantages of Clear Aligners
- The treatment process can be as short as three weeks.
- No use of metal wires or braces, which cause discomfort over prolonged usage.
- It is easy to maintain and clean.
- As clear aligners are removable, the patient can easily brush and floss without compromising oral health.
- It is comfortable to wear and can be taken out easily.
- It does not irritate the mucosa or the gums.
- It prevents teeth from wearing down due to parafunctional habits such as clenching and bruxism.
4. Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is the process by which composite material is laid on the surface of the teeth. This helps to conceal minor cosmetic defects such as cracks, discolouration, stains, and craze lines. Dental bonding does not require tooth surface removal, which means the process is entirely reversible. Dental bonding helps change the tooth’s shape by making it look more natural, comprehensive, and uniform.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
- Enabled by a quick treatment method, the procedure is completed in one appointment.
- It provides high-quality desired results.
- Gives a perfect yet natural smile.
- It does not require any tooth removal.
- Improved oral health along with tooth protection.
- It efficiently removes all unwanted stains.
- It improves the function, size, and shape of the tooth.
Whether you want to improve your smile or overall aesthetics, cosmetic dentistry is the right choice. Your dentist in Perth completely understands the importance of facial aesthetics and, therefore, provides lip fillers, dermal fillers, wrinkle relaxers, and several other facial treatments for your convenience. Cosmetic dentists help you find the most appropriate treatment approach to deliver the most satisfactory and desired results according to your framework. So, make it a worthwhile experience by opting for veneers, teeth whitening, dental bonding, or clear aligner treatment at dental clinics.